To address the specific needs of allergy and asthma sufferers, the engineers at Austin Air created HEGA filtration – High Efficiency Gas Arrestance to remove contaminants out of the air before they get a chance to irritate and trigger your asthma or allergies. The Allergy Machine’s 4-stage absorption system combines the superior particle filtration of medical grade HEPA with the added absorption capacity of activated military carbon cloth. If the Allergy Machine™ doesn’t change your life and improve your sleep, return it for a refund within 30 days.
360° Progressive Filtering System
Every minute, a standard Allergy Machine™ draws over 250 cubic feet of air through a 4-stage HEGA filter containing activated military carbon cloth and over 60 square feet of true medical grade HEPA to remove allergens, asthma irritants, sub-micron particles, chemicals and noxious gases faster and more efficiently than any other air cleaner on the market. (a junior Allergy Machine contains 6 lb. carbon and 30 sq.ft. HEPA)
STAGE 1 – LARGE PARTICLE PRE-FILTER removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
STAGE 2 – MEDIUM PARTICLE PRE-FILTER removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
STAGE 3 – TRUE MEDICAL GRADE HEPA removes harmful micro-organisms (e.g. bacteria and viruses)
STAGE 4 – MILITARY-GRADE HEGA (High Efficiency Gas Adsorption) carbon cloth provides an extremely large surface area for adsorption of chemicals, gases, viruses and bacteria.
- Allergy Machine Jr. (HM205) cleans up to 700 square feet. Height: 16.5″ | Width: 11″ x 11″ | Weight: 17 lbs. | Fan Rating: 200 cfm
- Allergy Machine Std. (HM405) cleans up to 1500 square feet. Height: 23″ | Width: 14.5″ x 14.5″ | Weight: 29 lbs. | Fan Rating: 400 cfm
- 99.97% efficient at removing particulates as small as 0.3 micron, 95% efficient in removing particulates 0.1 micron and smaller.
- FREE GROUND SHIPPING in the continental USA. Contact us for a quote to other areas and expedited shipping.
- 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee (RA number is required, $25 restocking charge) | 5-year mechanical warranty | 5-year pro-rated filter warranty
- See model comparison chart | purchase replacement filter
When to replace your Austin Air filter
Austin Air filters are designed to last up to five years under normal residential use. Many air purifiers on the market today come with an indicator that tells you when to replace the filter. These devices provide only a measurement of time, not a true indication that the media is exhausted. To know when it’s time to replace an Austin Air filter, watch for a change in smell when it’s running; normally a sweet or sour smell, or an odor of ammonia or vinegar, indicates the unit needs a replacement filter.