The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) Bedroom Machine is the most advanced filtering system that Austin Air has ever designed. It was built to meet the requirements set out by the Johns Hopkins University Medical School for ongoing studies in which the filtering system must capture gasses and particles at the sub-micron level. There is a growing body of evidence that our modern homes are producing exorbitant amounts of micro-particles. It is believed that a substantial reduction of these particles will be beneficial to our health and our ability to have a more restful sleep. Every minute, over 250 cubic feet of air passes through 15 pounds of activated carbon and over 60 square feet of true medical grade HEPA, providing air so clean it could change how you sleep, which could change your life. If it doesn’t, Austin Air will refund your money within 30 days of purchase!
Due to the addition of a fifth level of filtration this unit does a superior job trapping pet dander, pollen and dust mites; chemicals like benzene, ammonia, dry cleaning solvents and other harmful toxins; and odors from cooking and other sources.
STAGE 1 – LARGE PARTICLE PRE-FILTER removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
STAGE 2 – MEDIUM PARTICLE PRE-FILTER removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
STAGE 3 – ACTIVATED CARBON (15 lb) removes chemicals, gases and odors (e.g. sulfuric acid, ammonia), traps smoke and VOC particles.
STAGE 4 – TRUE MEDICAL GRADE HEPA (60 sq ft) removes harmful micro-organisms (e.g. bacteria and viruses)
STAGE 5 – HEGA CARBON CLOTH High Efficiency Gas Adsorption cloth removes chemical pollutants and provides an extra level of filtration before the purified air is sent back into the room.
- Bedroom Machine (HM402) cleans up to 1500 square feet. Height: 23″ | Width: 14.5″ x 14.5″ | Weight: 47 lbs. | Fan Rating: 400 cfm
- 99.97% efficient at removing particulates as small as 0.3 micron, 95% efficient in removing particulates 0.1 micron and smaller.
- FREE GROUND SHIPPING in the continental USA. Contact us for a quote to other areas and expedited shipping.
- 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee (RA number is required, $25 restocking charge) | 5-year mechanical warranty | 5-year pro-rated filter warranty
- See model comparison chart | purchase replacement filter
When to replace your Austin Air filter
Austin Air filters are designed to last up to five years under normal residential use. Many air purifiers on the market today come with an indicator that tells you when to replace the filter. These devices provide only a measurement of time, not a true indication that the media is exhausted. To know when it’s time to replace an Austin Air filter, watch for a change in smell when it’s running; normally a sweet or sour smell, or an odor of ammonia or vinegar, indicates the unit needs a replacement filter.