The HealthMate air purifier from Austin Air removes virtually all airborne particles by performing several critical air quality remediation functions. Its 4-stage filtration system utilizes true medical grade HEPA and activated carbon to eliminate airborne particles, chemicals, odors and gases. Every minute, over 250 cubic feet of air passes through 15 pounds of activated carbon and over 60 square feet of true medical grade HEPA in the standard HealthMate, providing air so clean it could change your life and how you sleep. If it doesn’t, Austin Air will refund your money within 30 days. (a junior HealthMate contains 6 lb. carbon and 30 sq.ft. HEPA) 8-20-20: Due to exceptional demand for Austin Air’s medical grade air purifiers, sales are currently limited to Standard size units in Sandstone and Black only.
360° Progressive Filtering System
The HealthMate addresses the complete spectrum of air cleaning; removing sub-micron particles, noxious gases and chemicals. Austin Air’s 360-degree intake system draws air into all sides of the unit, passing it through a 4-stage filter. The result: more clean air delivered faster and more efficiently than any other air cleaner on the market.
STAGE 1 – LARGE PARTICLE PRE-FILTER removes particles easily seen by the naked eye (e.g. dust, hair and pet dander)
STAGE 2 – MEDIUM PARTICLE PRE-FILTER removes small to medium size particles (e.g. molds, spores and pollen)
STAGE 3 – ACTIVATED CARBON / ZEOLITE BLEND removes chemicals, gases and odors (e.g. sulfuric acid and ammonia)
STAGE 4 – TRUE MEDICAL GRADE HEPA removes harmful micro-organisms (e.g. bacteria and viruses)
- HealthMate Jr. (HM200) cleans up to 700 square feet. Height: 16.5″ | Width: 11″ x 11″ | Weight: 21lbs. | Fan Rating: 200 cfm
- HealthMate Std. (HM400) cleans up to 1500 square feet. Height: 23″ | Width: 14.5″ x 14.5″ | Weight: 47 lbs. | Fan Rating: 400 cfm
- 99.97% efficient at removing particulates as small as 0.3 micron, 95% efficient in removing particulates 0.1 micron and smaller.
- FREE GROUND SHIPPING in the continental USA. Contact us for a quote to other areas and expedited shipping.
- 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee (RA number is required, $25 restocking charge) | 5-year mechanical warranty | 5-year pro-rated filter warranty
- See model comparison chart | purchase replacement filter
When to replace your Austin Air filter
Austin Air filters are designed to last up to five years under normal residential use. Many air purifiers on the market today come with an indicator that tells you when to replace the filter. These devices provide only a measurement of time, not a true indication that the media is exhausted. Media life depends on many other factors: how many hours the filter is run per day, the fan speed typically used, which pollutants are being removed, the quantity of pollutants in the air, and more. The easiest way to know when it’s time to replace an Austin Air filter is to watch for a change in smell when it’s running; normally a sweet or sour smell, or an ammonia or vinegar odor, indicates the unit needs a replacement filter.