The Imperial Berkey® is ideal for mid- to large-sized families, small groups, and during unexpected emergencies. Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel, it has a storage capacity of about 4.5 gallons. The upper chamber nests within the lower chamber for transport (17″ high).
System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers with two, four, or six Black Berkey® Purification Elements for installation in upper chamber. The same number of Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements (optional) may be installed in the lower chamber. To use, simply pour untreated water into the system’s top chamber, and the water is purified as gravity pulls it through the Black Berkey® Purification Elements into the bottom chamber where it is easily dispensed through a handy spigot.
Black Berkey® Purification Elements are classified as water purifiers because they reduce or remove up to 99.9999999% of pathogenic bacteria and up to 99.999% of viruses. They are equipped to also remove or dramatically reduce toxic chemicals, heavy metals, volatile organic compounds, trihalomethanes, detergents, pesticides, herbicides, chlorides, pharmaceuticals, petroleum-based products, unpleasant tastes, odors, silt, sediment and chlorine. see full list of contaminants removed
- Diameter: 10″; height when in use: 26″; weight: 10 lbs (empty)
- For normal everyday use, this system easily serves 4-8 people. Fully configured, it can serve 200-400 people a day during an emergency.
- Maximum filtration flow rate with two Black Berkey® Purification Elements: up to 5.5 gallons (20.8 liters) of purified water per hour. With six elements: 16.5 gallons (62.5 liters) per hour.
- See independent test results of contaminant removal.
- FREE SHIPPING in the continental USA; but cannot be shipped to California or Iowa. Contact us about the Berkey Light in these states.