Protect your mattress with this organic wool puddle pad. The 3/8″ thick GOTS-certified wool fabric is needle-punched to make it highly water resistant. Because the wool fibers have been twisted around each other so tightly in the needle-punching process, the felt will stop most spills from penetrating through to your mattress. Since the fabric doesn’t unravel easily we’re also offering this pad unfinished (raw edge) to keep the cost down.
Should your wool puddle pad need to be washed, you may hand-wash gently. While the wool felt is fairly stable, it can shrink and warp out of size; to prevent this avoid over-agitating. A natural, mild soap may be used if needed, but strong soaps will raise the pH of the wool which might cause it to felt. Drastic changes in water temperature will also cause the wool to felt. Vinegar or hydrogen peroxide may be used for sanitizing or spot cleaning. Should the pad become less water repellent over time it can be re-lanolized using the process used on wool diaper covers. If it’s likely to get quite wet, covering with a quilted pad, thick towel or blanket is suggested to reduce chance of leakage.
- Corner straps are available at no additional charge, select size above. The straps will be sewn on if you order a finished pad.
- Unfinished pads are raw yardage, so they will need to be cut to the exact mattress size when received. The straps will arrive loose with an unfinished pad, so you will need to sew the straps on after you cut the pad to size.
- Sheep have dark and light coats, so you may see some dark fibers mixed in with the light ones. And because the wool is minimally processed, you might find a few pieces of debris or vegetation in the material, which can be removed with tweezers or used as-is. (see photos above)
- Fabric weight is approximately 1 pound per square yard.
- Made in Minnesota of New Zealand wool. Production time is normally about 2 weeks.
- FREE SHIPPING in the continental USA.
There are no reviews yet.