Unlike a traditional (squeaky) box spring, these organic mattress foundations are constructed with a solid frame made of sturdy, kiln-dried untreated pine, fir, or spruce wood; covered with a layer of organic muslin fabric on top and bottom to provide airflow to control moisture. The sides are covered with Eco Wool quilted to organic cotton fabric. The foundation has 13 to 15 wood slats that are 3/4″ thick, 2.25-2.75″ wide, spaced 2.25-2.75″ apart, making it sturdy and strong enough to support a heavy latex mattress. Standard and California king foundations are two pieces. Queen size is also available split into two pieces.
- Dimensions: Twin: 38×75 | TwinXL: 38×80 | Full: 53×75 | Queen: 60×80 (1 or 2 pcs) | Std King: 76×80 (2 pcs) | CA King: 72×84 (2 pcs). Because these foundations are hand-made, size may vary up to an inch.
- Cotton is grown in the USA and Germany. Wool is from Northern California, Oregon, and Washington. Wood is from North America and is FSC Chain of Custody Certified.
- Wool-free (vegan) foundations are available with a doctor’s note stating that wool is not recommended for the patient, and a note from the buyer stating that you recognize this style does not have flame retardant properties. Orders for vegan foundations cannot be cancelled once work has begun.
- Foundations are made to order, typically in 1-3 weeks, and are not returnable.
- Manufacturer’s warranty: 10-year fixed, 20-year prorated.
- Shipped from the factory in San Diego, CA by common carrier and delivered curbside. The cost to ship this large/heavy item is $225 for 2 pieces (split queen, std king, CA king) or $195 for all other sizes.