How can I see samples of Nature’s Carpet?
I am allergic or sensitive to almost all drapery and soft floor coverings. How can I know that Nature’s Carpet will be right for me?
The first carpets in the collection were introduced, on a limited basis, in the early nineties. The results of an initial two-year evaluation of the carpet, in the homes of people presenting high levels of sensitivity to chemical toxins, were outstanding. Further evaluation in the years since has confirmed and built on this remarkable debut. Having said that, to provide the peace of mind that is so important to many of our customers, upon the purchase of Nature’s Carpet we can have a sample piece sent to you for a three-day trial. This piece of carpet will be from the same roll of Nature’s Carpet that is scheduled to be shipped to you. In the unlikely event that you have a reaction to the sample, the order will be cancelled.
What makes the Dark Green carpets of ultra low toxicity?
- Nature’s Carpet Dark Green collection consists of fine carpet pile made entirely from 100% British Wool. The wool is cleaned in a dedicated cleansed scour, where none of the chemicals employed in the moth-proofing of regular wool products is present. As a result, the clean scoured wool is totally biodegradable or recyclable at the end of its long life as a floor covering.
- The spinning of the wool takes place in a dedicated plant, so it does not mix with materials which are not 100% natural. The chemical adhesive used in conventional carpet is replaced with a non-toxic latex made from natural rubber. The natural qualities of this latex are evident in the softness and flexibility of the carpet.
- The attractive range of colors in the Nature’s Carpet Dark Green collection is achieved by employing naturally occurring colors in the wool. No dyes are used. Just like the wool that lies on the sheep’s back through intense sunlight, rain, sleet and snow, these carpets have a natural colorfastness to protect against fading.
- The backing of the carpet is manufactured from natural jute, a vegetable fiber grown in Bangladesh and other developing countries without using any pesticide or chemical fertilizers.
- The low amount of chemicals, at every stage of the carpet’s manufacture and composition, means there is little or no toxic off-gassing, the principal cause of suffering to chemically sensitive individuals. Also, unlike hard flooring, Nature’s Carpet forms an efficient dust trap, lowering the amount of airborne particles that cause discomfort to people with allergies. These particles may, of course, be safely and easily removed with a high efficiency vacuum cleaner.
I am aware that Nature’s Carpet makes a “medium green” and “light green” line of carpet. Can I buy these from you?
We carefully select all the products we carry to make sure they are 100% natural and non-toxic. Since the medium and light green styles from Nature’s carpet use some synthetic materials and have insecticides applied we do not promote these products, though they are more pure than the “green-washed” carpets promoted by the major brands. If you would like to purchase a style from Nature’s Carpet medium or light green lines please contact us for pricing.
Who will install my Nature’s Carpet?
To find a certified floor covering installer in your area, visit the International Certified Flooring Installers Association. Other good referral sources are the Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List and Yelp; and we have had very good luck asking local home builders, architects and remodeling contractors for a referral to their favorite installer.
How should I maintain Nature’s Carpet?
Please see Nature’s Carpet Care & Maintenance Guide for information and guidelines on caring for your wool carpet.
Where is Nature’s Carpet manufactured?
The primary manufacturing base for Nature’s Carpet’s Dark Green products is a facility located in Australia, in Dandenong. Two spinning mills allow the company to be a vertically integrated manufacturer with the flexibility to produce pure wool yarns of very high quality. Their environmental commitment is carried out at every stage of production. Their Australian mills have attained ISO9001-2000 Quality Accreditation (constant quality control) and are committed to an ongoing high standard for both products and customer service. Continual investment in modern equipment ensures that product quality remains first-class and that their mills retain their reputation for excellence.
Nature’s Carpet has a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects and a 10-year limited abrasive wear warranty. See warranty conditions and details.