Subtle, two-color stripe pattern, created without dyes. These wonderful loom-hooked natural wool rugs are thick, soft, and springy. They are hand-woven on specialty looms, giving the cushy barefoot comfort of hooked rugs without the need for a backing. The beautiful, varied colors of different breeds of sheep create elegant patterns that will accent any room. Each rug has carefully hand-bound (serged) edges using matching yarns. The scales on wool fibers hold onto dirt until it is vacuumed away, which helps the rug stay cleaner. And wool fibers absorb airborne pollutants, so wool rugs can actually help clean the air in your home! Plus wool is fire retardant, so no flame-proofing chemicals are needed. No dyes, chemicals, or latex. FREE SHIPPING from the Hook & Loom warehouse in Massachusetts.
Caring for your Hook & Loom natural loom-hooked wool rug
- Vacuum regularly, using a normal powered home vacuum cleaner without a beater bar. Snip off any loose ends or extended loops level with the tops of the loops around them.
- If spills occur, it’s best to act quickly. Blot liquid spills with clean towel. Scoop up solids with spatula or dull knife. Clean residue with damp cloth and soap or spot remover by gently moistening and dabbing the area, then blotting dry. Avoid vigorous scrubbing.
- This rug cleans well with a steam cleaner. Vacuum thoroughly before cleaning and use an Earth-friendly cleaning solution.
- For more serious spills and soil, professional cleaning is recommended.
- Please note that it’s normal for the ends of a thread or yarn to become loose. You may find this when your rug arrives, or over time. If so, don’t pull on the yarn, simply snip it and the problem will be gone. This is not a manufacturing defect.
Hook & Loom offers easy returns of any of their rugs, in new and unused condition, within 30 days of purchase:
- Roll and return the rug to the original bag and include a brief note letting us know why you weren’t satisfied.
- Tie the top with the attached fastener, or other secure string or fastener.
- Remove the pre-paid FedEx label from your packing list envelope and affix it over the original shipping label.
- Drop the rug off at any FedEx location; or call 1-800-Go-FedEx to request a home pickup (extra charge applies for home pickups).
- Swatches are not returnable.
As soon as Hook & Loom receives your return, they will inspect it to make sure it’s in the original new and unused condition. When we receive their refund we will issue a credit to your account, less two-way shipping costs (usually 20-25% of the price depending on size and distance). If you return the rug because it is not what you ordered, or it has a defect that eluded quality inspectors, the shipping cost will not be deducted from your refund.
Hook & Loom makes their rugs to last. If at any time you experience a problem with construction or durability of a Hook & Loom rug and it is beyond the 30-day validity of the prepaid return label, simply call or email us. We will make arrangements for replacement, or if it cannot be replaced a refund will be processed. As noted in the care section above, loose threads can be clipped off and are not considered a manufacturing defect.