These organic cotton barrier covers not only help protect your mattress, pillows and duvet cover from soil, they also prevent tiny dust mites from entering and laying eggs in your bedding. The barrier cloth used in these covers is very tightly woven, with pore sizes of 5.9 microns, to protect against mites and their debris. The encasements close securely with a nylon zipper, as the teeth on metal zippers can allow dust mites to get through. The fitted mattress cover, which fits up to a 12″ thick mattress, has elastic around the sides instead of a zipper, making it as easy to put on as a fitted sheet.
Unlike synthetic barrier covers, this organic cotton barrier cloth is breathable and soft to the touch, and its purity is not contaminated by adding chemicals or plasticizers. The zippered-style mattress covers surround the whole mattress–top, sides and bottom–and can be made to fit thicknesses from 9 to 18 inches. Like all products made from cotton, your barrier cover will shrink when washed and dried the first time. Don’t worry, the covers are made a bit bigger to allow for shrinkage.
Also, you might take a look at our stretchy GOTS-certified moisture-resistant knit mattress covers, which also provide an effective barrier against dust mites and bed bugs.
- Natural cream color (undyed).
- Made in the USA by Bargoose Home Textiles.
- Most sizes are in stock for shipping in about a week.
- Pillow covers sold in pairs (two items).
- 18-inch mattress covers are available in about 2 weeks, contact us to order.
- Machine wash warm; tumble dry low. Do not bleach.
- FREE SHIPPING in the continental USA.